Very excited about the new Yoga classes and instructors here at Hands N Harmony Wellness Center.
Our instructors: Loredana Switzer, Deja Peques, Cashon Jackson, Gianna Brockhuff, and Chanati Richards join us with many years of practicing Yoga. Each brings their own unique style of teaching and practicing Yoga to their classes. All classes are student driven. We focus our classes based on each student's individual ability. This way you do not have to fear your lack of flexibility or experience level.
Here are a few questions with answers that you may have concerning our classes.
What are the Benefits of Yoga?
- Increases the ability to focus mentally
- Quiet the constant "mind chatter" that often underlies stress
- Yoga has long been known to lower blood pressure and slow the heart rate. A slower heart rate can benefit people with high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke.
- The series of yoga poses called asanas work by safely stretching your muscles. This may release the lactic acid that builds up with muscle use, which may cause stiffness, tension, pain, and fatigue.
- The movements increased flexibility and strength thereby causing you to improve your posture. Most standing and sitting poses develop core strength.
Good for Beginners:
Absolutely! A Yoga class is both a great place to start and to continue challenging yourself mentally, physically and spiritually.
What to wear?
Yoga involves a lot of movement, so wear something that will allow you free movement to move from one movement to another. You will likely be working up a sweat so wear something breathable and moisture-wicking.
What to Bring?
We have mats, blankets and Yoga blocks. You are welcome to bring your own if you wish.
What to Expect?
Yoga - Expect to move and breathe smoothly from one pose to another. Our instructors may include Sun Salutations. Sun Salutations are a series of yoga poses performed in a continuous flowing sequence and intended to improve the strength and flexibility of the muscles. The style and flow will vary depending on the instructor.
Our yoga sessions combine guided meditation, flexibility focus, a basic breath- and mindfulness-centered slow Vinyasa flow of yoga poses, and end with an extended Asana or Shavasana meditation. Session themes involve mindfulness of acceptance, reflection, the dynamics of change, the beauty of health and wellness, embracing the moment and the release of stress and responsibility for a joyful, focused 60 minutes.
Please call to schedule your sessions.
One-on-one sessions are also available but will have to first coordinate with the instructors.
Corporate Yoga are also available - please call for more information.
Fitness classes are all $20, group class sessions are available.
- Beginner's Yoga (Vinyasa) - Wednesday - 5:30 pm
- Gentle Yoga (Mix) - Saturday - 9:00 am